Performance Of The Day: "Could've Been" by Rhys Lewis



Hey guys!

One thing I've learned within the past five years of music blogging, is that you find some of the greatest acts when you aren't trying to find them.

Okay, I think I made that sound complicated, so let me break it down a little bit.

I have discovered some of my favourite acts when I didn't expect to discover them.
Let's take Martin and James as an example;
I first heard them live back in 2011 when they supported Taylor Swift. I had no clue who they were, but the minute they started playing, I knew I had just found my new favourite duo.

Moments like that kept happening multiple times over the years and they've definitely taught me to check out every support act, as well as checking out acts at festivals you don't know yet.

I did exactly that at last year's Barn on the Farm festival and to my delight, I go to watch Rhys Lewis play a fantastic set.

For those of you who haven't seen Rhys live yet- the Internet has got your back!


- Performance Of The Day -
"Could've Been" by Rhys Lewis

Rhys Lewis is a singer/songwriter based in London, UK.

His sound is going to make every classic Soul lover's heart beat - combining Soul with elements of Folk, Rock and Blues, Rhys is quickly creating a signature sound which will draw your attention to his work.

Spending most of the past year in studios in London, Nashville, Stockholm, Los Angeles and Berlin, the young musician has been writing and recording songs for his upcoming debut album.
His debut single "Waking Up Without You" hit #1 on Spotify's Viral Chart and reached 170 000 streams within two weeks.

Follow-up single "Living In The City" was just as strong and has now been streamed over 1.3 million times - a statement which probably speaks for itself.

To shorten the wait for his debut album, Rhys has treated us with a live performance of a new song called "Could've Been" which was filmed at The Round Chapel in London.

Greeting you with a catchy and soul driven riff, you just know that you're in for a treat.
Said riff returns multiple times throughout the song and quickly becomes a familiar friend.
The souly e-guitar is part of Rhys' refreshing signature sound - it's warm, it's inviting and it's honest.

Personal and relatable lyrics seem to be what's pouring out of the musician.
He knows how to illustrate short-film stories with his words - they are straight foward and very clear.

Rhys' voice is just as fascinating as his writing skills.
His warm and expressive voice just hits all the notes and transports all the emotions he's feeling.
Combined with heavenly soothing backing vocals, we're getting the full package here.

Rhys Lewis is a brilliant live artist, who doesn't need much gear to wow you.
And "Could've Been" proves that point perfectly.


Check out "Could've Been" below:




Rhys Lewis online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Soundcloud | YouTube | Instagram





Thank you for your visit!













Credits // Text: Vanessa Jertschewske | Image: via WMA.Agency

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)