Announcement: #HITSBC17



Hey guys! 

It's my favourite time of the year!

And by that I don't mean winter - I can't cope with cold weather.

What I mean is, it's time to plan and work on the next Birthday Countdown.

For those of you who aren't familiar with that project,  here's what it's about:
Every year in February - which is house in the sand's birthday month - we host the biggest birthday party we could think of.
Starting on February 1st, you will get to see one exclusive live performance a day, throughout the entire month.

We get to invite incredibly talented musicians from all over the world who then play a song in honour of our birthday.

For me, the person who organises the entire project, it's one of the biggest tasks - but it's also one of the best tasks.

Because this blog wouldn't be what it is without you, the readers and supporters - I want you to get involved.

Here's how:
Help me pick out artists to invite!

Simply message me on Twitter, Facebook or via email (houseinthesand@web.de) and tell me whom you would like to see perform a song for us.
It can either be one of the acts we've featured before or somebody you would really want to see on HITS.

In the past few years, you have always told about such fantastic artists, so I can't wait to hear what you're requesting this time.

To freshen up your memory, or to introduce you to the concept of this, you can check out the previous countdowns below.

2014

2015

2016

 Official hashtag:
Hashtags are everywhere - even the technology confused grandma within me can't deny that.

So, of course, we're jumping on the hip bandwagon and we'll have our own hashtag for this party!

- #HITSBC17 -

(stands for: house in the sand Birthday Countdown 2017)

Please feel free to use it on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram - it'll help us to promote this project and reach more people.
Every share/retweet makes a huge difference.

As the final line-up always stays a secret, the acts and myself are going be using this hashtag to share sneak peeks with you.



This edition of the Birthday Countdown is already a very collaborative one;
the official logo was designed by the incredibly skilled Phil Barber who was an absolute joy to work with!


I have already filmed a few videos with some brilliant bands and I can't wait to see what our fifth birthday will be like.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be glued to my desk, emailing more acts! :)




Thank you for your visit! 












Credits // Text: Vanessa Jertschewske | Image: Phil Barber for house in the sand

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)