Soundcloud Discoveries #1



Hey guys!

New Segment Allert!
I love creating new segments because they keep this website fresh and lively.
They are usually always fun to write and more fun to test out when they make their way onto your screens.

The segment I'm about to introduce to you, "Soundcloud Discoveries", came to life when I was going through music submissions and was listening a song on Soundcloud.
Soundcloud has this fabulous "Related Tracks" feature when you play a song.
It basically recommends songs that march into the direction of what you're currently listening to.

After the song I was reviewing was over, I kept Soundcloud open for a minute and soon a beautiful track started playing. I felt the need to feature it and so the idea for this segment was born.

As always, I hope you'll enjoy, please let me know what you think of "Soundcloud Discoveries".


"Coffee From Kilimanjaro" by Oisín ó Scolaí

I think we all know that feeling when too much is going on and all you want to do is relax.
Whenever the days get a little to crazy, I try to sit down, put my headphones on and listen to music that comforts me. 
Now, I do love Rock music very much, yet it's Acoustic and Folk songs I turn to when I need a little breather.
"Coffee From Kilimanjaro" is definitely right on top of my list.
This song is a beautifully calm and sweet guitar based piece of music. It's the lightness of the guitar and the warmth of Oisín's voice that wrap you up like a cozy blanket would.

Oisín ó Scolaí online: Facebook | Soundcloud




"Top To Toe" by Fenne Lily

What a lot of the people I speak to think about the music and entertainment industry, is how a lot of times things need to be bigger and more exciting. Some songs you'll find in the charts are very over-produced, have so many elements going on.
And that makes peole forget that it doesn't always have to be that way. Sometimes the simplicity of arragements can be the only thing you need.

And I find that the case with Fenne Lily's song "Top To Toe".
It's stripped back to only an acoustic guitar, vocals and gentle backing vocals.
And boy, it's gorgeous. The fragility and melancholy in the singer's voice stand out and transport the honesty of the song.

Fenne Lily online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Soundcloud | Instagram




"These Streets" by Ben Harvey

I'm definitely on the "relaxing songs" train here. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I would always suggest listening to songs when you have time to focus on them. These songs were written with so much thought and so many details, so it's a shame to not pay your attention to them.

Ben Harvey's "These Streets" is one of those songs that gives us music reviewers all sorts of joy.
The base of the song is very catchy, very attention grabbing, as it's very straight forward.
Soft percussions, soft guitars and very inviting vocals. This song starts off as a very comforting and calming track and then throws some beautiful string arrangements your way, just to deepen the atmosphere.

Ben Harvey online: Twitter | Facebook | Soundcloud | YouTube | Instagram




And that's that! I hope you enjoyed listening to these amazing tracks as much as I did. 




Thank you for your visit!









Credits // Text & Image: Vanessa Jertschewske

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)