Performance Of The Day: "Waiting For The Gods" by Jim Kroft




Hey guys!

A lot of the posts I publish on house in the sand are prepared posts.
But sometimes I don't feel like preparing a post, sometimes I just want to sit down and write about a song that's very special to me and publish it right away. 

And that's the beauty of blogging; you can decide what you write about and how to write about it.
You're allowed to have an opinion and you're allowed to share it. 

The reason I started blogging was feeling a need to share fantastic music. Almost four years down the road, that's still the goal.
When I started I had this group of artists who supported me and my ideas.
All those years later, we still support each other and it's wonderful.

One of those artists is Jim Kroft, a Scottish musician based in Berlin, Germany.
Jim's music varies from acoustic to alternative to indie rock, but no matter which genre overweights, his songs always send a message.

Jim Kroft is one of those artists who seem to know how to do it all; he obviously makes music, is an incredible photographer and a brilliant videographer. 
 Just recently he released his first DVD for his music&travel project, "JOURNEYS".

This performance of "Waiting For The Gods" was filmed for and by Berlin Sessions, a fantastic channel you should definitely check out!

"Waiting For The Gods" is featured on Jim's EP "Journeys #1" which you can find here.
I think this song really show cases Jim Kroft's sound - it's intense, honest and full of personality.

It's comforting but it's still thought provoking.

Please take some time to check out the video below. 





This might not be the most journalism worthy post, but this is a shout out and a "well done" to a good friend who deserves every bit of exposure.


Jim Kroft online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Tumblr | Instagram




Thank you for reading!







Credits // Text: Vanessa Jertschewske | Image: Jim Kroft (via Facebook) | Video: Berlin Sessions (via YouTube)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)