Get To Know: Anna Margolina



Hey guys!

Another year, another couple of days to introduce you to new acts.

I'm very excited about all the music we'll get to hear this year, all the new releases, new acts - I think it's going to be fantastic.
This is house in the sand's fourth year and it shall be one of our bests.


So let's not waste any time and get started!

Today the absolutely lovely Anna Margolina who's based in Berlin is here to introduce herself.
Please welcome her!


Who are you?
I grew up in Minsk/Belarus in a musicians family, so I am breathing music since the first moment. Got my first piano lessons at the age of 5, until we immigrated to Berlin.

I decided to become a singer when I was a teenager, but it took me some time to find my way from classical music to jazz. Berlin is a great place for trying out new things and meeting amazing people - my band members came here from all across the world: Greece, Austria, England and Spain.

How would you describe your music?
The main character is vocal jazz, but it has definitely colours of soul, folk and pop music. I am also writing my own songs. I remember a man tried to convince me, that “Dreams for sale” was a famous movie soundtrack - that was the best compliment I got so far. Thanks so much to my friend, who has written the lyrics.

What does music mean to you?
First of all, it is my way to express emotions I could never put into words.
Music also makes me forget about time and obliges me to live in the moment. When I am performing on stage, I cannot allow myself to daydream – it`s the audience, that has to be carried away.

Your guilty pleasure song is?
It is so hard to say. I am barely ashamed of my musical taste, although I maybe should be :)
Let`s say it`s “All that she wants” by Ace of Base. Probably 20 years from now people will also make fun of the music we are celebrating today.

What have you released so far?
I don`t have any official releases yet, but you can find many recordings on Soundcloud.

What is coming up?
There are new songs of my own and arrangements in Yiddish, French and Russian, that I`ll be performing in the upcoming concert season. I met fantastic people, who I collaborate with, and who I can count on, in case I need help or support – which is a gift, really.

I am also happy to have discovered the beautiful platform of “house in the
sand” - thanks so much for having me!




Anna Margolina online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Soundcloud | Instagram




Thank you for reading!








Credits // Text & Questions: Vanessa Jertschewske | Image & Answers: Anna Margolina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)