EP Review: "Urban Glow" by TRASH


 

Hey guys!

 I usually tend to write these intros from the view of a music lover, which I definitely am.
But today I'd love to write this from my work perspective, the perspective of a music journalist.

A lot of my friends often ask me how I find all these acts I work with. Well, a lot of them contact me, or their PR agencies and labels do.
And often people get in touch in a very unpersonal way and that's fine, that can be professional at times.
But I still prefer when there's some kind of business relationship. I'm very glad that Clue Records knows how to keep work fun and is always a pleasure to work with.

Today I'm happy to feature one of their top bands, TRASH.

Band: TRASH
Title: Urban Glow
Genre: Indie, Pop
Label: Clue Records
Release: 25th September 2015
HITS rating: 8.5/10

The band had me when I read their own description: "glittery indie/grunge surf-pop band straight outta maccies drive thru".
Besides humour, the band also has a massive amount of talent.

TRASH play indie music sprinkled with bits of grunge and pop. The four piece from Chesterfield, UK is the newest addition to the Clue Records family alongside Allusondrugs, Forever Cult and NARCS.

After releasing "Urban Glow" as a single and getting their audience hungry for more, they're now here to treat us with a five track EP.

Tracklist:
1) Intro
2) 4 Miles
3) Drift
4) Urban Glow
5) Sad Boys (All I Wanna Do)

The intro of the EP does a great job introducing you to the EP, preparing you for what you're about to hear; a dreamy composition softly charms you with calm, yet expressive instrumentals.

Leading right to the first proper song "4 Miles", a more indie-pop sounding song.
 The first single of the EP is a kept simple but not boring at all. With its main focus on vocals and the catchy guitar riff, the song engulfes you in a light way. You'll slowly find yourself sinking into the world of TRASH: indie melodies, wavy rhythms and catchy vibes.

Another track which stands out is "Sad Boys (All I Wanna Do)", an intense song which weaves in surf pop and grunge elements so effortlessly. The lyrics tell a story of a breakup, the vocals transport the emotions and make the track very authentic and honest.

To sum it up: TRASH created a fantastic EP: clever arrangements, storytelling and relatable lyrics, great basslines, a strong drummer and guitar riffs which duet with the vocals. If you want to be taken into another world, head for TRASH's world.


You should listen to these tracks: 4 Miles, Urban Glow, Sad Boys (All I Wanna Do)






Trash online: Twitter | Facebook | Soundcloud | Bandcamp




Thank you for reading!








Credits // Text: Vanessa Jertschewkse | Image: TRASH press kit via Clue Records

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)