Song Of The Day: "I Wanna Be Your Man" by Yukon Blonde


 

Hey guys!

  There are so many songs that just need to be shared.
Not one day goes by without me listening to a song and thinking "oh, this needs to be heard!", so everyone now and then I sit down and write these Song Of The Day posts for you.

What's nice about them is they are simple, they tell you a bit about the acts behind the song and give you enough freedom to discover and judge. 

Recently I've received an email informing me about Yukon Blonde and their newest release.

Yukon Blonde are a band from Vancouver, BC.
They combine indie rock elements with the catchiness of pops songs and manage to unite the sound of The Strokes, The Cure and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs with their very own sound

Yukon Blonde are:
Graham Jones
Jeffrey Innes
Brandon Scott
 James Younger

 
Today I'd like to share their song "I Wanna Be Your Man" with you. 

The song is a bit of an indie rock anthem. It's chilled, yet convinces with the necessary energy
Sometimes there are songs with their focus on one specific element (e.g. the vocals), "I Wanna Be Your Man" is not like that.

The song works together consistently and all elements collide together. From the backing vocals which underline the lead vocals, to the guitar parts, the rhythm section and the danceable synths - all elements melt into one song and have created one hell of an "ear worm" that way.


You want more? Lucky you, Yukon Blonde are releasing their new record "On Blonde" on June 15th.





Yukon Blonde online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Soundcloud | YouTube




Thank you for reading!









Credits // Text: Vanessa Jertschewske | Image: Yukon Blonde

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)