Get To Know: Symphonie


 

Hey guys!

What makes a good song?
Even as a music blogger I don't really have an answer. To be honest, I don't think there is an answer.
But there are signs and I guess it's a sign when you enjoy a song of a genre you usually don't enjoy easily.

There are genres I am open to but don't really listen to in my free time, unless I really like them.
And the artist I want to introduce to you today managed to make me enjoy his EP which doesn't fall in the genres I thoroughly love.

The project is called Symphonie and James, the man behind it, is going to tell you a bit more about his music today. I hope you're as excited as I am about a potential new favourite artist.

________________________

Who are you?
I'm James. The name of my project is Symphonie. Born and raised in New Haven, Connecticut, USA and currently living in Los Angeles. Half of my family lives in Munich, Germany though! I play guitar, piano and sing. I also produce and record all the arrangements.


How would you describe your music?
Right now I'm calling it "synth pop that you can stage dive to". Pop music with all the passion and energy of a rock song, but without the old rock clichés. I want to create a sound and style that has never been done before. Huge hip hop influence too.


What does music mean to you? 
It's everything! I've been lucky enough to travel a bit and do lots of cool things, but nothing compares to the feeling I get from performing or watching someone I love perform.


Your guilty pleasure song is?
Hmm good question! I try not to be guilty about any music that I listen to. I think any song can be great regardless of the genre or how infamous an artist is. I guess I'd have to say "Something In The Water" by Carrie Underwood. I'm not religious or anything like that, but I love to belt that one out in my car. Her voice is so powerful. I love the way they work Amazing Grace into the background too.


What have you released so far?
I've released a 4 song EP that I wrote and produced myself. It's called "Deaf Girls" and you can stream and download the whole thing for free on my website.


What is coming up?

You can catch me performing and supporting other bands in Los Angeles, California! I've already begun working on my next EP, but it's very preliminary. I want this next project to be a more collaborative effort with the great artists throughout LA.





Symphonie online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Soundcloud




Thank you for reading!








Credits // Text & questions: Vanessa Jertschewske | Image & answers: James of Symphonie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)