Gig Photographs: The Arkanes in Munich


 

Hey guys!

 I know that a lot of you are part of the music industry and/or know a lot about it. One thing probably each of you knows is how difficult it is for a band to get a name and a spot in the industry.

In some cases in takes a lot of luck and a casting show but in most cases it takes a lot of hard work, dedication, passion and most importantly - talent.
When it comes to live music it also comes to true side of music; no person in the world can fake passion and talent. (I mean autotune can fake the last bit but that's another topic...)

Whenever I go to see a band live I like to observe the connection and communication between the members, the way they perform and talk to the crowd.

On Saturday I went on a little road trip to Munich and oh I love Bavaria. The mentality is so lovely and I always feel like home, probably because I spent a big part of my childhood there.

The reason I went to Munich was a concert. (I bet you didn't expect that!)
The Arkanes supported The Temperance Movement at Backstage Club. It was a short notice event for all of us but it was definitely worth it.

I have written about The Arkanes so many times and I don't think I can introduce them to you in a fresh, new way.
They are a four piece rock band from Liverpool, UK. So far they have released an EP called "Don't Act Like You Know Me" and a debut album called "W.A.R". 

The Arkanes are:
Chris Pate (lead vocals, guitar)
Dylan Cassin (lead guitar, backing vocals)
Jake Hallam (bass, backing vocals)
Andy Long (drums)

Below you'll find photographs and some written impressions, hope you enjoy!



I love soundchecks. Don't know why but I do.



I started phtographing from the balcony but soon went down to push myself through the crowd. A lot of people were annoyed that I had to move around but those bruises I now have were worth the pictures. (I hope!)



The crowd reaction for the band was fantastic though. After their set was over I heard soo many people go "wow, that was what I call a brilliant support act" and "let's get their album, they are awesome!".




The band once again nailed it. I saw them just a month ago but they already took things to another level. Their performance grew even more, the communication with the crowd seemed easier for them and there was a lot of movement on stage.





They got to play seven songs, each of them was energetic and warmed up the crowd sooo well.



The passion and the fun the guys have on stage shows how honest their music and their performance is.




A massive compliment goes to guitarist Dylan who played several gigs with an injured foot. (There story behind it is just a bit ... interesting.)
But his stage performance was energetic as always and I'm pretty sure nobody noticed anything. Well done, Sir!


As the new member, there is always a bit of pressure on bassist Jake but he definitely fulfils all expectations. Me oh my that bassline in "Just Can't Help Myself' was spot on!


Drummers really fascinate me. So much rhythm and sense of timing, it's insane. Longy is a beast and always manages to leave me speechless with those drumrolls.


Mr lead singer Chris is probably one of my favourite vocalists in the rock genre. And he deserves that spot, guys! His vocals do not sound any different to what they sound on the album. He just does not miss a single note.
It has to be the fact he's a proud lefty.






I can only preach it again - if you ever get the chance to see The Arkanes live - GO! You will not regret it. I'd also advice you to go and see them whilst they are still playing smaller venues because they'll play arenas soon. (Don't say I didn't warn you!)


And now here's the oh so famous house in the sand thank you cheese:
First of all I'd like to thank Kat for waiting an hour for me whilst I was a victim of a closed motorway. It was fantastic to meet you and hang out with you for an evening. Hope you enjoyed it too! 

And of course the biggest thank you goes to the four guys! I'm honoured to call you my friends; not only because you are some of the most talented dudes I know but also because you're some of the most wonderful human beings. And you are hella funny! This evening was much needed and I hope you know how thankful I am.

Another thank you is dedicated to the real reason I came to the gig - Broph. You're a legend!


To everyone who just got sick because of my cheesy words - sorry I'm not sorry. ;)



And with all of that being said:

Have a nice day and listen to some good music, you can start here:

 
The Arkanes online: Twitter | Facebook | Soundcloud


Thank you for reading! :)





Credits // Text & Photography: Vanessa Jertschewske aka Jetwaaaaash. ;)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)