Video Premiere: 'The Girl' by Mark Mathews





Hey guys!

Today is a premiere of a premiere.
Alright, before I'll completely confuse you, let me explain; today house in the sand is going to premiere a music video. And since we've never done that before it's a premiere of a premiere.

(Yeah, I have definitely written better intros before... Sorry, I'm just excited!)

As you probably already know after reading the title the music video we're premiering is 'The Girl' by Mark Mathews.

The singer/songwriter from the Queens own garden - Kent, UK is no new face to house in the sand.
His music could be described as indie-pop with a folk twist to it and even some light sprinkles of folk-rock if you ask me.
Inspired by bands such as The Beatles, The Kinks and Oasis he likes to write about "love, going out, getting out of the town or a situation you're in and your mates", so the singer himself.

Mark has been really busy recently shooting videos, writing new tunes and gigging his way through London's streets and bar's.

The videography for 'The Girl' is inspired by The Beatles video for 'A Hard Days Night'.
Some of the scenes were shot on VHS (yes, it still does exist!) to represent Mark's memories and feelings about the girl.

Now I could go on and write what I think about the video in details but I'll keep it short - I bloody love it.

Watch it yourself and feel special because you are the first people to watch it!




Mark Mathews online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Soundcloud


Thank you for reading!



Credits // Text: Vanessa Jertschewske | Image & Video: Mark Mathews and crew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)