HITS exclusive: "I Hope You Know" by Jim Kroft

 photo JK_zps0967c330.jpg 

Hey guys,

the Birthday Countdown might be over, but that doesn't mean we can't have exclusive performances, right?

The absolutely wonderful Jim Kroft took some time to record a live performance for us.
His sound can be classified as indie-rock with pop and acoustic elements. It's never too much of one genre.
He has released three albums so far and is currently working on his fourth one, recording in Berlin and London.

If you'd like to know more about Jim Kroft, here's a more detailed write up I did.
"I Hope You Know" is the fourth single off of "Lunatic Lullabies", Jim's third album.

The excitement to present you this performance is massive because I think this song is absolutely brilliant. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Jim Kroft is one of my favourite lyricsists and that's why you can find the lyrics to this song down below.



Lyrics - I Hope You Know

I wondered out, I wandered in
I wonder if this is the place where my life begins
I'm not in chains, I know I'm free
I know the healing hurts more than the injury

And I hope you know that it's easier to fall than it is to rise

I went out front, I went out back
There is a threshold where there ain't no turning back
I am not damned, I am not cursed
I know my spirit is older than the universe

And I hope you know that it's easier to fall than it is to rise

I wandered East, I wondered West
I found that wave and then I surved upon it's crest
I ain't ashamed, I ain't in pain
The stars remain indifferent to our suffering

And I hope you know that it's easier to fall than it is to rise


Jim Kroft online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Blog

A massive thank you to Jim for recording and editing this. You probably know how much it means to me.

Thank you for reading and watching! :)

 

Credits // Text & Photography: Vanessa Jertschewske | Video: Jim Kroft

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)