Devils In The Doorway.


Hey guys,

today I will introduce you a song. Again. Haha, I'm just addicted to writing about special songs. Today's song is "Devils In The Doorway" by Martin and James. 



This song means so much to me. I fell for it the very first time I heard it and I still could listen to it 5 days straight without getting bored. 

The lyrics is fantastic but I guess since I'm talking about Martin and James I don't need to mention that because we all know how amazing their writing skills are. 
Because I love the lyrics SO much I thought I'd post it here: 

Fires wait to be tamed, the guilty wait for pardon,
Signals waiting to change their colours,
Lovers stand in the rain, in fear of being parted,
Time moves on like a train for us,
And we go, on and on in our way,
And we go, on and on in our own way,
Lights up ahead and the devils in the doorway,
Find some faith, and take it home
Ships that broke from their chains, are back to where they started,
Oceans wait to be drained, oh no,
Why can't we be automatic,
Why can't we be automatic,
Why can't we be automatic,
And we go, on and on in our way,
And we go, on and on in our own way,
Lights up ahead and the devils in the doorway,
Find some faith, and bring it home



(More M&J lyrics here)


I made a lot of my friends listen to that song and not one of them didn't like it. Some bought it on iTunes, some bought the whole "Bad Dream EP" where the song is on.  

I've heard this song live one time at a very special concert and I think that made me love it even more. 
The simple but deep melody, the way the guys use their instruments, the message of the song definitely are special.

Of course here is a video of a live performance. I really really hope you all are going to listen to it and tell me what you think about it. : )
That would make me reaaaally happy.




x Vanessa.

 






4 comments:

  1. Hey :)
    I´m from germany, too and I really like your blog:) It always inspires me to keep writing, because you do such a good work at it.
    I would love to read more posts from you, especially the ones like the oreo cupcake recipe or the glitter thing you wrote, those were great!
    But let´s not forget your music posts, which I also love. Whenever I don´t know what to listen to I go check out your blog for some tipps :D
    So i just wanted to say: keep doing that :)
    And if you´d like you could also visit my blog: http://talk-trash-daily.blogspot.de/
    I´m pretty knew here so my blogging probably isn´t as good as yours :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Lizza,
      thank you so incredibly much! This blog is like my little baby and I put a lot energy in it. So whenever someone like you takes their time to write a comment like this I really get teary eyes and a big smile.
      I will definitely do more of those "lifestyle/diy" blogpost. I had to try out if people like them first, but now that I know it, I can continue.
      And I am so happy that you like the music posts. All of the musicians I blog about mean so much to me so it makes me happy when other people start to like them as well.

      I will definitely check out your blog and follow it.
      Just keep on writing and soon you will be big. :)

      Thank you.

      XXX

      Delete
  2. thanks for sharing it with us! I loved it ;)

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! :)